Determine your eligibility – Federal skilled workers
Find out if you are eligible to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program.
Your work experience must be:
- at least one year paid job within the last 10 years (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
- in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B)
- meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7
- CLB 7 equals the following score in IELTS: 6 in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option.
You must have:
- an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC to show your foreign education is equal to Canadian education standards
- You can arrange to get your assessment from:
- Designated organizations for ECAs
- How to choose a designated organization
If you are applying:
- as a specialist physician (NOC 3111) or general practitioner/family physician (NOC 3112), the Medical Council of Canada must do an ECA for your primary medical diploma,
- as a pharmacist (NOC 3131), the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada must do your ECA,
- under any of the other occupations, check the websites of the other CIC-designated organisations or contact them directly to find which one best suits your needs.
Questions about immigration to Canada? Ask our experts.
Ask questions and join in the discussions about immigration to Canada.