In order to become approved for your EB-5 Investor Visa, you need to meet certain and specific requirements, as outlined by the US government in the Immigrant Investor Program Act of 1990. Click Here to Learn More About EB-5 Requirements. Some of the basic requirements of this program are that you invest:
- Minimum of $500,000 that will be returned to you after 5 years
- Provide a legal investment source
- Prove a minimum family net worth of at least $1 million; Or $200,000 in annual income;
- Or combined spousal income of at least $300,000 annually
- Florida Public Charter School Eb-5 Investment
What is EB-5?
- The EB-5 program was initiated in the 1990 by the U.S. government and it has improved many underdeveloped and unemployment areas in the country. In 2003, the U.S. government licensed the EB-5 projects under the Regional Centers to raise capital from many countries all over the world, including Vietnam
- Every year, the U.S. government grants 10,000 EB-5 visas for foreign investors and their family members, 3,000 of which are indirect investment through the Regional Centers (with an investment of US$500,000/petition) the rest is direct investment (1 Million USD/petition) in the U.S.
- In particular, with the indirect investment, the investors will be paid back in cash or shares with annual interest.
- It takes 1 and a half to 2 years to process and obtain EB-5 green cards.
- After 2 years of obtaining conditional green cards, USIS attorneys will file I-829 for the EB-5 investors to the U.S Citizenship & Immigration Services to change to permanent green cards.
- All investors should have the financial capacity and desire to become U.S. permanent residents/citizens
- No age limit
- No foreign language requirement
- No requirement to have own business or managing experience
- Investors are not required to manage your investment on a daily basis
What is the type of the project?
Construction, in Florida, of a Charter school
What is a Charter School?
A. Charter schools are primary or secondary schools that receive public money (and like other schools, may also receive private donations) but are not subject to some of the rules, regulations, and statutes that apply to other public schools in exchange for some type of accountability for producing certain results, which are set forth in each school’s charter. Where enrollment in a charter school is oversubscribed, admission is frequently allocated by lottery-based admissions systems. In a 2008 survey of charter schools, most of the schools reported that they had a waiting list, averaging 198 students.
Is the regional center affiliated with any government entity?
A. The state of Florida, the 4th largest state of USA fully support the establishment of the new Charter School and will subsidize approximately $6800 per student annually or approximately $8 00 000 per year.
How many jobs this project will create?
A. An independent analyst, Evans, Carroll & Associates estimates that over 15 jobs per Investor will be created over the next 24 months. Each Investor needs to create 10 jobs in order to remove the condition attached to his Green Card.
How a school can be profitable?
The school will earn around $8 000 000 per year, to be paid by the State of Florida, based on an occupation of approximately 1200 students.
What amount do I have to invest?
The investment amount is $500 000 plus the administrative services fee of $55,000 for a total of $555,000
What are the Government fees?
- Processing fees (I-526): $1500 per family.
- DS-230 (conditional green card): $720 per family + $74 per person (security charge)
- I-829 (removal of conditions): $3750 per family + $85 per person
When do I have to invest?
Once you have passed our suitability requirement test, you need to make your investment by wire that will be kept in escrow account.
Is my investment refundable if my application is not approved?
In case of a written refusal of your application (rejection of I-526), the full amount of $555,000 will be refunded to you.
What provisions are made regarding the security of the investment?
The investor will have a first mortgage on the building for their loan and the value of the building has been appraised by CBRE.
What will be the rate of return?
The annual return will be of 0.2% or $1000 per year for a total of $5000 per applicant.
This means that the Investor will get $505 000 at the end of the term of five years.
Are you going to give a report of the status of my investment and at what intervals?
Yes, an annual financial statement will be sent to each applicant at the end of each fiscal year.
Do I have to have a lawyer to use for the Immigration matters?
When may I exit the investment?
After five years.
Who can benefit from my investment?
Your spouse and your unmarried children under the age of 21. Adopted children are eligible.
What is the application procedure?
- Signature of the Questionnaire & Pre-Subscription Agreement with Passport (picture page) and 2 ID’s (example driver license, birth certificate)
- Upon approval by the Regional Center Time frame of 3 days to 2 weeks:
- Wire of $555,000 in escrow account + $1500 applicable processing fees;
- Signature of the overall standard Agreements and submission of documents;
- Submission of I-526;
- Reception of Receipt I-797 issued by the USCIC Time frame: within 3 weeks to 12 weeks from submission of I-526
- Immigration interview abroad at a USA Consulate near the place of Residence of Applicant (note if Applicant has a legal status in USA other than Visitor visa, the interview could be done in the USA) Time frame: within 3 to 6 months following receipt I-797
- Conditional Green card issued (Approval of I-526) Time frame: Most of the time at the Interview or within 3 weeks following the interview
- Before 2 years less 90 days following reception of conditional Green card, removal of condition on Green Card;
- Issuance of the Permanent Residency (Green Card);
- After 5 years, application for Citizenship (Passport).
What are the requirements?
Only the source of funds must be proven. There is no requirement relating to age, education, languages and business experience. Note that your total family net worth must be at least 1M, excluding your principal residence.
How long does the process take?
1) Processing of your I-526 petition (Application): approximately 3 weeks to 12 weeks
2) Interview: approximately 3 to 6 months
Total for Conditional Green Card: 4 to 9 months
Removal of condition: 24 months
Total for Green Card: 28 months to 33 month
Five years after entering the USA with your Conditional green card, you and your immediate family may apply for US citizenship.