British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) has introduced a mandatory online registration system for all prospective applicants to the Entrepreneur Immigration stream. The registration is scored according to points. The registration system will calculate one portion of your score and you will then receive a total score from BC PNP based on the information you provide in your registration.
The BC PNP will periodically invite the highest-scoring registrants to submit applications. For more information on how the registration system works, please carefully review the process.
Entrepreneur Immigration Requirements:
- General Nomination Requirements
- active and ongoing management of the day to day business operations
- demonstrated residence in BC
- admissibility to Canada
- Personal Requirement
- Personal net worth of at least $600,000 (including cash, fixed deposits, properties, etc);
- A minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education or experience as an active business owner-manager with 100 percent ownership of the business for at least 3 of the past 5 years; and
- Work experience: the applicant should demonstrate that he has sufficient knowledge and experience to successfully establish his business in BC The candidate must have a minimum of:
- more than 3 years of experience as an active business owner-manager, or
- more than 4 years of experience as a senior manage, or
- a combination of at least 1 year of experience as an active business owner-manager and at least 2 years of experience as a senior manager.
- Business requirements
- establish a new business or purchase and improve an existing business
- Investment requirements
- make an eligible personal investment of at least $200,000 in the business; or
- If the investor wants to bring Key Staff Member, he has to demonstrate that he will make an eligible personal investment of $400,000.
- Job requirements
- create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the business
It is your responsibility to demonstrate that you meet the program requirements.
An Entrepreneur Immigration Registration is not an application to the Entrepreneur Immigration stream or a guarantee that you will be invited to apply.
For Frequently asked Question please Click Here
British Columbia Facts
Area: 944,735 km²
Population: 4.4 million (2011)
Languages: English and French
Main Industry: forestry, mining, agriculture, fishing, hunting, aquaculture,construction, manufacturing, tourism and film production
Questions about immigration to British Columbia, Canada? Ask our experts.
Ask questions and join in the discussions about immigration to British Columbia, Canada.